The boyfriend aka « the berry man » brought home 2 massive bags of frozen blackberries. As it is quite a precious fruit, according to its price, I wanted to create a recipe that would make the blackberry the star of the show.
So here is my recipe of vegan blackberry, rosemary and fleur de sel (La Belle Excuse) scones.
You can eat them as is or with a touch of maple syrup or even for the Sunday morning brunch with a touch of coco whip. So delightful!
Vegan blackberry, rosemary and fleur de sel scones
Vegan | To go
For the scones
3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. of baking powder
3 tbsp. of sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp. of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the wet ingredients
5 tbsp. of vegan butter, diced
1/2 cup of almond milk
For the blackberries
1 cup of blackberries, preferably frozen
For the fleur de sel
1 tbsp. of almond milk
1/2 tsp. of fleur de sel La Belle Excuse
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients “FOR THE SCONES” and set aside.
- Using a fork, add in the vegan butter and stir a couple times so they become smaller.
- Stir in the almond milk and mix until you obtain a silky and smooth dough.
- On a well-floured surface, knead the blackberries in the dough.
- Using your fingers, pat down the dough to about 1 inch thick.
- Using a knife, divide the dough evenly into 8 scones.
- Place the scones on a baking sheet and brush with the almond milk and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rest for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Enjoy when warm.
Tips and tricks
Pair these scones with our homemade almond milk for a delightful snack! #yummy