I’m always on the hunt for recipe ideas and ingredients for meatless dinner on the barbecue. I personally find that the BBQ is always a little bit too much related to meat, meat, meat borinnnnggg. So, I created this healthy and flavourful bowl entirely vegan for you to enjoy on the BBQ.
Here is my recipe of healthy grilled avocado and pineapple salsa rice bowl. The perfect dinner to enjoy during these last warm summer nights.
Healthy grilled avocado and pineapple salsa rice bowl
For the rice bowl
3/4 cup of brown rice
6 mushrooms, cut into quarters
1 tomato, cut into quarters
1/4 cup of roasted almonds
Salt & peppers to taste
For the pineapple salsa
1 1/4 cup of pineapples, finely diced
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
1 green onion, finely chopped
Juice of half a lime
For the grilled avocado
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. spice for the BBQ
For the sauce
1/3 cup of pineapples
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
1 tbsp. fresh flat parsley, minced
1 tbsp. siracha (to taste)
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. tahini (sesame seed butter)
- In a pot, cook the rice according to the cooking instruction on the package.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients « FOR THE PINEAPPLE SALSA ». Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and discard the pit.
- Brush the avocado flesh with the olive oil and sprinkle with the BBQ spice.
- Slip the mushroom onto a skewer.
- On the barbecue, at medium heat, grill the mushroom skewer, the avocado’s flesh (face down), for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients « for the sauce », until well combined.
- Add the bottom of a bowl, add the rice then top with the avocados, the pineapple salsa, the mushroom, the tomatoes, the almonds and drizzle with the sauce.
Make sure your avocado is still firm, but ripe, this way it will be easier to cook on the grill.