A healthy recipe that you can whip up quickly. These vegan fig and oat breakfast cookies are the perfect breakfast on the go. Here is my delightful recipe of fig and oat breakfast cookie fully vegan!
Vegan fig and oat breakfast cookie
Freezer friendly | Vegan | To go
For the “egg”
1 tbsp. of chia seeds
2 tbsp. of lukewarm water
1 tsp. of lemon juice
For the breakfast cookie
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
3/4 cup of oats
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1/4 cup crushed almonds
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp. of flax seeds
1/4 cup of coconut oil
3 tbsp. of vegan milk (I used almond)
1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 pinches of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, stir in all the ingredients “FOR THE EGG”.
- Using a chopping board, chop 2 of the figs into small cubes.
- Finely slice the other fig into 8 slices and set aside. Those slices will be used to top the breakfast cookie.
- In another bowl, stir in the « egg » and all the ingredients « FOR THE BREAKFAST COOKIE » except the figs. Stir until well combined.
- Add the fig bits to the dough and stir a couple times.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper to create 8 cookies. Top each cookie with a slice of fig. Reserve for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at the center of the oven, or until they are golden brown. Let cool.
- The breakfast cookies are ready for your breakfast on the go!
If you wish to create a sweeter dessert cookie, I recommend replacing the 1/4 cup of brown sugar by 1/3 cup of brown sugar.