I absolutely adore this recipe of oven-baked falafels. They are the easy solution to your quick and healthy weeknight meals. Basically, you throw everything in your food processor and you let it do the work #Yesplease. Once that’s done, you scoop out the mixture and up in the oven! The best in all that is that they can be used in a wrap sandwich, in a salad, or even as a vegan hamburger patty.
Oven baked falafels
30 mini falafels
Freezer friendly | Vegan | Cheap
In the food processor
2 cans of chickpeas ( 540ml)
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, pressed down
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, pressed down
Zest of a lemon
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. chili flakes (to taste)
1 tsp. salt
1 generous pinch of ground cinnamon
1 generous pinch of ground ginger
1 generous pinch of ground nutmeg
1 generous pinch of allspice
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
For the sauce
3 tbsp. tahini
3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the “food processor” and mix until well combined
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the flour and the baking powder. Mix by hand until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and brush with the vegetable oil.
- Distribute evenly 30 balls of falafel mix onto the baking sheet. Slightly press down the balls and brush with vegetable oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the “sauce” until well combined.
- Serve the falafels on a homemade tortilla bread with a couple cherry tomato, sliced red onions, lettuce and top with the sauce.