I am always on the search for new recipes that will allow the boyfriend and I to eat better, and to always eat more veggies. An easy way to make that happen is, by eating quick and easy salad. They take a few minutes to mix up, the only hitch is that they are cold… At some point when the weather is colder, we need something to warm up our hearts. Here is my recipe of kale, mushrooms, and chickpeas warm salad. #AllAboutWarmEatingOnColdDays
Kale, mushrooms and chickpeas warm salad
Vegetarian | Cheap
For the warm salad
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 Can of chickpeas (500ml)
1 /2 red onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cup white mushroom, minced
8 cup Kale minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. chili flakes
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, the chickpeas, the garlic powder and the chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chickpeas for 10 minutes or until they become slightly crunchy. Put aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the garlic, the onions and the mushrooms, about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook for 10 to 15minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Add the Chickpeas to the skillet and cook for a couple minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese.