In between working full time and blogging, I sometimes run out of time to feed myself properly says the recipe creator! It’s my reality and I try to the best of my abilities to create quick and delightful recipes for those moments.
My best tip when I’m out of time is to always have a fridge full of fresh veggies. So here is my recipe of beet, fine herb goat cheese and pecan crostini. You can enjoy it as a starter as well as a full meal with a salad on the side.
Beet, fine herb goat cheese and pecan crostini
Vegetarian | Cheap
For the crostinis
4 thick slices of bread
1 tbsp. of olive oil
For the beets
4 beets, peeled
5 tbsp. of water
For the goat cheese
8 leaves of fresh mint
6 leaves of fresh basil
1 tsp. of fresh rosemary
4 tbsp. of plain goat cheese
1 tsp. of olive oil
Salt & pepper
For the pecans
1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Brush slices on both sides with the olive.
- In a pan over medium heat grill both sides of the slices.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, add all the ingredients for the beet and cover. Microwave for 5 to 7 minutes or until the beets are cooked and tender.
- In another bowl, stir in all the ingredients “FOR THE GOAT CHEESE” mix until well combined.
- Thinly slice the cooked beets.
- When the crostini are nicely grilled, spread evenly the goat cheese, add a couple sliced beets and top with chopped pecans.