When the one pot pasta recipe first came out, I was a little bit skeptical about the result, as you have probably been too. I had a really hard time believing this whole thing would turn out good. I was unsure about the result, mixing uncooked meat with uncooked pastas and a couple raw veggies, was scaring me.
I really got intrigued by all the pins I saw. After a few tries I came up with my own version of the One pot pasta. An easy and quick meal, which I know the whole family will enjoy #YesPlease. Super tasty! Enjoy!
Vegetables and ground beef one pot pasta
Freezer friendly | To go
For the one pot pasta
2 tbsp. avocado oil
2 cup of ground beef
2 cups of uncooked pasta (your choice)
1 medium onion
1 cup eggplant, diced
1 garlic clove
6 tbsp. ketchup
2 tbsp. basil, finely chopped
3 cups of chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add the avocado oil and the ground beef. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- During that time, diced the onion, the zucchini, the tomatoes, the mushrooms, the eggplant, and add them to the skillet.
- Let the vegetable soften for a couple minutes, then add the garlic, the ketchup, the basil and the salt and pepper to taste. Mix a couple times.
- Add the Chicken broth and the pastas to the skillet and cover.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, mixing a couple times. Make sure the pasta always stays in the broth, allowing them to cook evenly.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.