Making your own homemade almond milk is life, I’m telling ya! It creates a rich and creamy almond milk, very different from the one we buy at the store. It tastes so good while being super cheap for the wallet! Plus, it has no preservative. That turns me on! Here is my recipe of rich and creamy almond milk.
Creamy almond milk
Vegan | Cheap
For the almonds
1 cup of raw almonds
2 cups of hot water
For the milk
4 cups of water
2 tbsp. of maple syrup
1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- In a sealed container, add all the ingredients “FOR THE ALMONDS” and place in the fridge for 4 hours or more.
- Rinse and drains the almonds.
- In a high-speed blender, add the almonds and all the ingredients “FOR THE MILK “and set to blend for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth add the liquid and press the bag to extract all the almond milk. You can discard the pulp.
- The almond milk can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Mix well before serving.
Tips and tricks
You can easily create almond coffee cream by replacing the 4 cups of water in the recipe by 2 ½ cups of water. You will obtain a very creamy coffee cream, similar to 15% coffee creamer.