I absolutely adore muffins! If you go on the “Food & Drink” section on our website, you can see that I’ve created at least 3 muffin recipes… and that’s without counting the one Sacha has created! Haha!
Now that you know how much we love muffins! I would like to present to you this perfect muffin recipe for this cool time of the year! #cocooningseason It will fill you up in no time, plus it’s healthy and delicious! 😉
Here is our recipe of oatmeal, carrot, cinnamon, walnut, coconut, and apple healthy muffins.
Oatmeal, carrot, cinnamon, walnut, coconut, and apple healthy muffins
Freezer friendly | To go| Baby friendly
1 ½ cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 of oatmeal
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of grated coconut
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1 tbsp. of baking powder
2 tsp. of baking soda
2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
1/3 tsp. of salt
1 ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 grated apple
2 cups of grated carrots
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp. of grated ginger
1/2 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 400˙F.
- In a large bowl, combine the “DRY INGREDIENTS”. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine the “WET INGREDIENTS”.
- Combine the dry and the wet ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out the batter into a muffin tin lined with 12 muffin cups.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 375˙F and bake the muffins at the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 350˙F and bake for an extra 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.