You only have one hour left before your guests start arriving for brunch and you’ve just realized that you’ve rau out of bread? Sometimes, it’s easier to mix a couple of ingredients than to put on your coat and boots and head to the grocery store.
You know what I mean!
Guess what?! I have created this miraculous bread recipe that only requires one hour of your time, with only 5 minutes of active work. That’s how we like it! The bread is perfect when toasted with a touch of dulce de leche spread or grilled in the oven like garlic bread. You can even use it for sandwiches.
Well, we only have one hour left. . . so better get working! Here is my miraculous one hour bread recipe!
Miraculous one hour bread
Freezer friendly | Vegan | Cheap
For the bread
3/4 cup of warm water
1 1/2 tsp of instant yeast
2 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 cups of all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients in the following order until you obtain a ball of dough.
- Knead dough until smooth. The dough is going to be really sticky; it will be easier for you if you put some olive oil on your hands.
- Put the dough in a buttered pan with a maximal diameter of 16 centimeters – the wider the pan will be, the flatter your loaf will be. Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let it rest for 40 minutes. I preheat my oven for one minute at 350◦F before turning it off to help my dough rise faster. The warm air in the oven will help the dough rise faster.
- Preheat oven to 375◦
- Put the bread in the oven for 20 minutes or until it becomes golden.
- Let it rest for a few minutes. And it’s ready to serve!
This post was translated from French to English by:
My name is Aimy and I am a second year-student in translation studies. I discover my truths through my passion for literature, arts and culture. I have a keen eye for beauty, a lust for life. For me, every day is a chance to acquire knowledge and create. As Einstein once said, “creativity is intelligence having fun.”