As far as I can remember every time we celebrated Christmas there always was a maple pie at the center of the table. I just couldn’t wait to be allowed to dig right in and grab a slice and top it with whipped cream! For me, maple pie is one of Christmas classic and it’s a tradition I intend to enjoy even though maple syrup is as rare as gold here.
Mesdames, messieurs here is my recipe of maple walnut pie, this is for sure making the cut for my Vancouver Christmas classics!
Maple walnut pie
Freezer friendly | Cheap
For the pie
2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. or cornstarch
1 1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of 35% cream
1 1/4 cup of crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the cornstarch.
- In a large bowl, whisk the maple syrup, the brown sugar and the cream and slowly add the flour mix.
- Add the egg and whisk at high intensity until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and stir a couple times.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the pie is golden brown. Let cool.