These scones are so easy to make, there is no wait time, they only require a little bit of preparation and only a few minutes of mixing. Here is my delightful cheddar cheese and green onion scones recipe.
They are awesome paired with a home cooked soup, the perfect combo for this chilly weather!
Cheddar cheese and green onion scones
Freezer friendly | Vegetarian | To go
For the scones
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. of sugar
1 tbsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika
1/2 cup of butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup of soy milk
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 egg yolk (for basting)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the salt, and the smoked paprika.
- Add the cubes of butter and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg, the soy milk, the cheese as well as the green onions.
- Knead until you get a smooth ball of dough. Don’t knead too much.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin until the dough is 1” thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Place the scones on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the scones with the egg yolk.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!