Lately, I visited a small pastry shop in town. Their cinnamon buns are out of this world, seriously. Anyway, a couple weeks later, all that I wanted to eat was those damn bun. So, I came up with my own version of a good sticky bun (yes! It had to have maple syrup! ;)). #TheElf
This is my recipe of the sticky maple pecan buns, absolutely irresistible. Here the dozens disappear in a couple hours, just so you know! 😉
Sticky maple pecans buns
Freezer friendly | To go
For the bun
1/3 cup lukewarm water
2 tsp. instant yeast
1/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup lukewarm milk
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
For the icing
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup roasted pecans, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
For the filling
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the lukewarm water, the instant yeast and the sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients for the “buns” and mix until it forms a ball.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes, cover with a warm clean cloth. Let rise for 1h15.
- During that time, you can prepare the icing. In a saucepan, mix the butter, the maple syrup and the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Add the pecans, the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the icing into a pan.
- With an electric mixer, mix all the ingredient for the “filling” except for the pecans.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough. You will obtain a rectangle of about 40cm X 25cm.
- Spread the filling on the dough and sprinkle with the pecans. Roll the dough tightly into a log. Cut into 12 slices.
- Arrange the slices on the icing, that’s already at the bottom of the pan. Cover with a warm, clean cloth. Let rise for 1h.
- Once the rising time is completed. Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until the buns are golden.
- Slowly reverse the pan into a presentation plate and serve warm.