Although hot air balloons have been the main attraction of this event for years, it’s much more than that now! Shows by big artists bring bigger crowds from year to year, to the delight of music fans.
Last year was a record year for Festivent with the show of Bryan Adams, that was sold out on the main stage (Loto-Québec Stage). The new stage (Hydro-Québec Stage), located across the street from the main stage, even had to turn fans away from the performance by Kaïn. So we all had pretty high expectations for this year.
A-LISTER SHOWS ONCE AGAIN
The organizers moved heaven and earth to offer us A-lister shows, from both international and Québécois artists. Festivent has no reason to envy the other big festivals in the Québec area!
This year, thirtysomethings will be able to relive their teenage years thanks to the shows on the main Hydro-Québec Stage. You’ll be able to dance to “All Star” by Smash Mouth (on July 31st), sing along to Sean Paul and his “suh me go suh den” (August 2nd) and relive the hits and the most recent album of cover songs by Weezer (August 3rd). There will also be the highly anticipated show of X Ambassadors on August 1stand the closing night that should be quite festive with Les Cowboys Fringants (August 4th).
As for the Loto-Québec Stage, it will be the host to our beloved Québécois artists. Patrice Michaud will perform on August 1st, La Chicane will make us nostalgic on August 2ndand Gregory Charles will bring the house down on August 3rd.
Two interesting facts: there will be bleachers for these shows #MySoreFeetAfterTheLongDay and we will be able to enjoy openings by upcoming Québécois singers.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
As usual, families aren’t left out. On top of inflatable games and a selection of rides that will keep the kids asking for more, shows will be presented daily! Thomas the Tank Engin and his friends will entertain the little ones and two dance troupes—Marvl and Prima Danse—will make the whole family rise to their feet.
A mother’s tip for an enjoyable evening: Clinique Lobe offers noise-cancelling headphones rentals for kids. Believe me, they’re worth having during the shows to protect our little sweethearts’ hearing!
MY 6 TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF FESTIVENT
I’ll leave you with my Festivent wishlist, which I encourage you to follow as well!
- Have a drink at the Bistro SAQ at sunset, with the illuminated hot air balloons as a backdrop during the Night Glow. Could anything be more magical?
- Bawl during the song “La saison des pluies” by Patrice Michaud, as any respectable woman would do. Seriously, that song is so moving. I love that singer!
- Stuff my face at all of Festivent’s food trucks. I’m still debating between La Cuisine du Marché (and their poke bowls), El Gordito (and their tacos), the Shaker (and their signature cocktails) and Chocolats Favoris (and their decadent ice cream cones). But we all know I’ll end up trying everything! #SorryNotSorry
- Take public transportation! Having lived there before, Saint-Jean-Chrysostome really isn’t that big. The streets become jam-packed in no time. Take a look at the STL Website to find out where the different shuttle pick-up and drop-off points are located. For only $1, it’s a no-brainer!
- Spend quality time with my partner and my children! Sometimes it can be hard to find fun activities to do. But with the range of activities and shows that Festivent has to offer, it makes it a nice “all-inclusive” outing at a reasonable price for the whole family.
- Last tip: purchase your 5-day passport before July 21stfor $46,99 per adult and $12,99 per child. For a family of 2 parents, 2 children, it is the equivalent of $23,99 per day!!! It’s the deal of the century!!
For more details, visit: https://festivent.ca/
Have a good Festivent everyone!!!
This post was translated from French to English by:
Isabelle, 24 years old. I’m an easy-going girl; quick-witted and a devoted fan of puns. As much as I enjoy staying home binge-watching series and reading novels, I also love traveling and discovering new things.