I have a boyfriend that really loves his sweets, mostly late at night when the kitchen is sparkling clean. I wanted to create a dessert that could be made a couple days ahead and that could be created with easy pantry ingredients. Here is my recipe of petit pot of meringue, lemon coconut whip cream and pomegranate. A dessert fully vegan that will impress your guest with its many flavors, or your boyfriend on a weeknight at 21:15! 😉
Petit pot of meringue, lemon coconut whip cream and pomegranate
For the meringue
1/2 cup of aquafaba ( juice from a can of chickpeas, unsalted)
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 Tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the lemon coconut whip cream
The cream from an organic coconut milk can (400ml) **
1 Tbsp. coconut water
Zest of a lemon
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. sugar
For the pomegranate
1 Tbsp. mint, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk the aquafaba, with an electric mixer, until stiff peaks forms. This step can take up to 15 minutes, depending on the speed of your electric mixer.
- Very slowly, add the sugar to the mixture.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- With a pastry bag, fitted with a small plain tip, shape small pearl of meringue (about 1 cm circumference) on a baking sheet.
- Lower the temperature of the oven at 300F, put the meringue pearls in the center of the oven. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once the meringue is cooked, open the door of the oven and let them dry for 25 minutes.
- During that time, whip the coconut cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the “lemon coconut whip cream” until you obtain a silky whip cream. Refrigerate
- Open and clean the pomegranate, to only keep the fruits.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the “pomegranate”, put aside in the refrigerator.
- Once the meringue is crisp and brittle, keep them in an airtight container.
- When ready to serve, in a small bowl, add the pearls of meringue, then the lemon coconut whip cream and top with the pomegranate. Serve immediately.
Tips and tricks
To separate the cream from the coconut milk, you must place a can of coconut milk in the fridge for 8 hours. Gently take the can out of the fridge and open the lid. You can now discard the coconut water and keep the cream for your recipe!