It has been over a year now that I moved to Vancouver. When I moved out of Quebec I left with 6 precious cans of maple syrup. That I preciously keep in a safe, because everybody wants to get their hands on it #YoureBeingWatched ! Anyways, the other day, I realized I had been really good with my stash of maple syrup, so I decided to go wild!
I created this very well balanced and easy maple recipe. I used just enough maple syrup to have some left for any other recipe I wish for. 😉
I even freeze some chocolate bites for my Quebecois cravings, but I don’t think they will last very long ;).
Here is my recipe of maple roasted almonds and fleur de sel chocolate bites. So delightful! The kind of dessert you always feel like another bite wouldn’t hurt anybody! 😉
Maple roasted almonds and fleur de sel chocolate bites
12 chocolate bites
Freezer friendly | To go
For the chocolated bites
3/4 cup of unsalted raw almonds
3/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of milk chocolate
1 tbsp. of coconut oil
2 pinches of fleur de sel La Belle Excuse
- In a microwave, slowly melt the chocolate and the coconut oil, stirring every 30 seconds.
- On a baking tray, covered with parchment paper, create small circles of chocolate.
- Using a knife, chop the almonds.
- In a pan over medium heat, roast the almonds stirring them every 30 seconds. Roast for a couple minutes, then set aside.
- In a pot over high heat, bring the maple syrup to a boil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the maple syrup reaches 117 C°. Remove from the stove. (if you don’t have a candy thermometer, you can do the “drop test”. Using a cold glass of water insert a drop of maple syrup. If this one stays firm while in the water, it means that the maple syrup’s temperature has reach 117 C°. If the drop of maple syrup disappears or turn flat, keep on cooking the maple syrup until it succeeds the “drop test”.)
- Integrate the almonds into the maple syrup and stir slightly 2 to 3 times.
- Quickly, using a spoon, top the chocolate circle with the maple almonds.
- Sprinkle with some fleur de sel.
- Let sit in the fridge for 2 hours and serve.