Zucchini season is here, and it seems that I love them a little more every year.
This year, I am all over zucchini salad, it’s quick, fresh, and so delicious. So, here’s my recipe for a lemon zucchini salad.
Lemon zucchini salad
Vegetarian | Cheap
For the zucchini salad
4 tsp. of olive oil
2 tbsp. of lemon and white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese shavings
For the croutons
1/3 of a baguette (makes about 1 ½ cup croutons)
A drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- On an ovenproof baking sheet, break the baguette into small rustic croutons, add a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the croutons are golden brown.
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchinis.
- In a bowl, add the slices of zucchini, the olive oil, the lemon and white balsamic vinegar, as well as the lemon juice. Mix well. I recommend using your hands to mix the salad, to make sure that each slice is soaked with the vinaigrette.
- Serve in a bowl with bread croutons and Parmesan shavings.
- Time to enjoy this delight! ?
This post was translated from French to English by:
My name is Aimy and I am a second year-student in translation studies. I discover my truths through my passion for literature, arts and culture. I have a keen eye for beauty, a lust for life. For me, every day is a chance to acquire knowledge and create. As Einstein once said, “creativity is intelligence having fun.”