There is nothing better than a fish taco, it’s refreshing, it’s tasty and it’s so different from the usual summer meals!
I am still dreaming of the last one I had #Miam. I want to share my recipe of halibut fish taco and its quick homemade salsa with you. It’s so tasty and super easy to execute! I used halibut, but you could easily use any other white flesh fish…
Here is my recipe of Halibut fish taco with a quick homemade salsa.
Halibut fish tacos with a quick homemade salsa
12 mini fish tacos
For the halibut
450g of halibut
1tsp. of olive oil
1 tsp. of smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
Salt and pepper
For the quick salsa
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
1/3 cup of yellow sweet pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. of red pepper chili flakes (to taste)
For the spicy mayo
Juice of a lime
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1 tbsp. of Siracha (to taste)
1 cup of coleslaw
12 mini homemade tortilla bread, or store-bought
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- On a baking tray covered with aluminum foil, add the halibut. Brush the halibut with olive oil and season with the remaining ingredients “FOR THE HALIBUT”.
- Close the aluminum foil, to create a nook for the fish. Cook in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, add all the ingredients « FOR THE SALSA » and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients “FOR THE SPICY MAYONNAISE”, mix until well combined.
- To create the mini tortilla bread using our homemade tortilla bread recipe. Follow every step of the recipe and divide the dough ball into 12 portions instead of 8.
- Serve the fish on a mini tortilla bread brushed with spicy mayonnaise, add the salsa and the coleslaw to garnish.
- Enjoy warm!