Enjoying life’s little moments with Chateau St. Jean and this spinach, corn, beans and fresh cilantro summer salad!
If you’ve been following us on Instagram, you probably know that I deeply enjoy slow living. I adore living in the moment and enjoying life’s little wonder, as simple as they can be.
My perspective on life changed the moment I became a mom. More than ever before, it’s important for me to enjoy life’s simple things by spending precious time with my loved ones. As part of my lifestyle, I made sure to highlight those moments. One thing I love doing the most is spending a slow moment with my partner in our backyard. I usually cook a delightful salad, just like this salad recipe, that I serve with a warm and fresh baguette and some of Quebec’s best cheeses. Paired with a succulent glass of white wine, such as this Chardonnay by Chateau St. Jean, it makes for a perfect night. Chateau St. Jean’s Chardonnay is available at the SAQ.
For a perfect moment with your loved ones, like this one, here is my recipe of spinach, corn, beans and fresh cilantro summer salad!
I guarantee you will have an unforgettable moment filled with Sparks and Bloom instants when paired with a glass of white wine from Chateau St. Jean!! 😉
Spinach, corn, beans and fresh cilantro summer salad
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
A small bunch of fresh cilantro, to taste
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 tsp. of finely chopped garlic
The juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper
FOR THE SALAD
2 cups of baby spinach
1/2 cup of yellow pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup of black olive, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup of corn kernels, cooked
1/2 cup of black beans, cooked
12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 tbsp. of crispy onions
2 tbsp. of crunchy tortilla strips
WINE AND FOOD PAIRING
- Paired with a glass of Chateau St. Jean’s delightful Chardonnay, available at the SAQ, and some of your favorite Québec cheeses, you will have a memorable time!
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients “FOR THE VINAIGRETTE” and blend until smooth. Keep aside.
- In 2 separate bowls, add all of the ingredients “FOR THE SALAD” making sure to divide them equally. I suggest adding the ingredients following the order listed above… or not! (I told you it was an easy recipe!! 😉 )
- Add the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Chateau St. Jean’s Chardonnay is the perfect wine for any occasions. Whether you’re enjoying dinner with your partner on the patio, as suggested, or during a picnic with your friends or when while enjoying a BBQ with your family at the cabin. It really is the perfect wine to enjoy life’s little moments. Available at the SAQ.
- I love that this wine is created and produced by… a woman! Something quite rare in the field! Yay! #Girlpower 😉
- Download Living Wine Labels’s free app on your phone to scan the label. The bottle will come to life under your eyes whilst the wine’s creator tells you more about this fabulous Chardonnay!
Léa, 28 years old, loves my life and my 3 mens. I am a go-getter, a sociable and creative person. My heart always wants what’s real and my taste pallet always wants what’s good #foody ;). I adore to travel, to read, to make new discoveries as well as practicing yoga #Namaste.