I had planned on taking a beautiful photo of this pie, like the whole pie in the background with only a slice to show you the beautiful filling.
But, things didn’t go as planned! Haha
The evening I baked the pie, I decided to bring it over to a dinner with my friends, thinking I would have a real answer as if my maple syrup pie was ready to make it onto the internet.
I had hand carved beautiful leaves to add onto the pie crust. I had worked really hard at making it look good for the photo. And then… The pie was a hit!
So much, that I had to ask my friends to keep a slice aside for my photo shoot the next day. Knowing it was that good, I had to get a photo of this pie for the world to enjoy! Lol
This pie is mainly made of maple syrup, it’s like a soft maple syrup caramel filling, so tasty without being too firm like most maple syrup pie… you know the one made with eggs! Here we don’t like when a maple syrup pie is too firm!
Without further ado, get your apron out, these coupe ingredients out and impress your guests in no time!
Decadent maple syrup pie
Freezer friendly | To go
For the pie
1 ½ cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of 35% cream
2 tbsp. of cornstarch
1/4 cup of flour
For the egg wash
2 store-bought pie crusts or this recipe
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a pot, over medium heat, add all the ingredients “FOR THE PIE” and whisk until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, make sure to keep on stirring the filling.
- Pour the filling into a pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and the milk until smooth. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash.
- Using a knife, cut the second rolled out pastry crust into 1” wide strips. Place over the maple filling to create a check pattern ( no need to weave the strips). Brush with the egg wash. Using your finger, press the edges of the strips onto the pie. Remove any excess dough.
- Bake at the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden born.
- Serve warm with some whip cream!